The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
show me real pits kennels
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-04-12

gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog. Empty
PostSubject: gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog.   gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 3:50 am

I feed my dog nutro max always since birth. But the price has risen to 36.99 a bag. Good lord it is exspensive. I heard that Diamond is a good food but they have problems with foriegn items getting in it. I don't know if it is true. I want to know what else people are feeding their dogs. I feed my dog only dry food. I live in the Midwest, missouri.

Gloss Coat tip: My groomer for my shows told me this one and it works.
I feed my dog a good quality food first. I also add one capsule of fish oil for humans to dry food. I squirt it top of the dry food. Yes, go to your local drug store, Wal-mart or whatever and get the gel capsule of fish oil.
I take a steak knife and poke a small hole in it to get the juices out and squirt it on top that is it. It will take only 2-3 weeks and totally different coat. Slight bit softer to touch and a lot glosser. My vet said it wouldn't hurt him. I do it everyday a month before a show. During the regular off season every other day. Word of warning make sure start out slow with it just like you would when you change brands of food or you will have poop everywhere. Personal experience.LOL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog.   gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 8:36 am

my vets and firends have been tellin me to use fish oil, i hard it can give diahria tho, it this true?
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog.   gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 1:59 pm

I feed Innova EVO and Royal Canin and its awesome!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-04-12

PostSubject: not diarahea really.   gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 9:02 pm

Thanks for the feedback on the food manuf. Anyone else please comment. Not only the brand but the type of food as well. Like, I feed my dog Nutro Natural lamb and rice for good coats.

The fish oil gives them not diarahea really but it does soften the stools for a couple of days. You have to moderate the intake for them to start.
I would it do it like this to prevent the problem I had.
1 week: once on food to see if they will still eat their food.
2 week: 2 times on food
3week: 3 times on food
4 week: 5 times on food

with that they should be fine. If the stool is to soft still, you might want to tone it down to maybe 2 times week only. Like I said before I do it every other day now and before a show I build up like I am changing their dog food.
Little more each week. I do it every other day during off season and before the show I add 1 more treatment a week till everyday is accomplished.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog.   gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 11:07 pm

Right now I feed Timberwolf Organics. Legend's tried the Lamb Barley and Apples forumla and now he's on Southwest Chicken & Herbs. Since I'll be rotating for different meat sources.

I have also tried Merricks Wilderness Blend and Canidae for All Life Stages.

I also heard Nature's Variety is very good too.

ETA- Fish oil pills are great for the skin & coat. I had to give some to Gemyni.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog.   gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gloss coat tip and what food do you feed your dog.
Page 1 of 1