The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Racist Dogs?

Go down 
+5
wheezie wayne
Oldfort
LegendsMami
ericschevy
Dunlap
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dunlap
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
Dunlap

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-12-30

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:18 am

I've got a question for ya'll. How many of you have racist dogs?

I've got 3 LOL. 2 out of 7 of my dogs absolutely DO NOT like black/mexican people. I'm not really sure why but ever since they were pups, they have been this way. I'm just curious to hear from other people who experience this. By the way, both of mine are males, one mutt and the other is Boudreaux...
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitbull-family.com     www.freewebs.com/jdubldkennels
redsky

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:22 am

dunlaps pits wrote:
I've got a question for ya'll. How many of you have racist dogs?

I've got 3 LOL. 2 out of 7 of my dogs absolutely DO NOT like black/mexican people. I'm not really sure why but ever since they were pups, they have been this way. I'm just curious to hear from other people who experience this. By the way, both of mine are males, one mutt and the other is Boudreaux...

I dont' have any dogs like that but it is due to the color of their vision. If they have not been around black or mexican (whatever they are racist to) people then they will look different to them and that will be the reaction. My dogs are all socialized to all sorts of things so I have never had to worry with it.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:27 am

I have not encountered a environment like that to be able to tell.... As of now, no.....
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
redsky

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:30 am

ericschevy wrote:
I have not encountered a environment like that to be able to tell.... As of now, no.....

Most times it's more so because of what the person has on or is doing rather then the skin color. Like Sierra doesn't like people with hats on (most dogs don't) so don't just look at the skin color take all possible reasons into consideration before just saying oh my dog is racist lol. I know like myself most black people where hats, took Sierra some time to get used to my hats but she never barked at me kind of swayed away whenever i put it on but she has since learned oh when that hat goes on either we are going in the car or it's time to work! They also don't like change for instance my mom puts on a wig ever so often and they can't stand it they will bark at the wig till she takes it off then they are fine.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:38 am

redsky wrote:
ericschevy wrote:

Most times it's more so because of what the person has on or is doing rather then the skin color. Like Sierra doesn't like people with hats on (most dogs don't) so don't just look at the skin color take all possible reasons into consideration before just saying oh my dog is racist lol. I know like myself most black people where hats, took Sierra some time to get used to my hats but she never barked at me kind of swayed away whenever i put it on but she has since learned oh when that hat goes on either we are going in the car or it's time to work! They also don't like change for instance my mom puts on a wig ever so often and they can't stand it they will bark at the wig till she takes it off then they are fine.

Yeah I will have to agree there. My G/F's son does not normally wear a hat but if he comes home with one on Zues does not recognise him and will bark at him until he takes it off.........
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
Dunlap

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:39 am

redsky wrote:
ericschevy wrote:

In my case, it is definately skin color LOL. Boudreaux just dont like them. When we go to town with him in the back of my truck, if a black man/women gets near the truck, he goes nuts. We were eating at Mc Donalds the other day and Boudreaux was in the back seat of our car...well he saw a black lady sitting in her car next to us and he freaked out barking. I can usualy calm him down but when it's with a black person, he just freaks. The guy I got him from says that his mom is the same way but his dad is fine with everyone. I dont know, maybe I'll just buy him a hood and robe or something LOL, J/K.
Back to top Go down
redsky

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:42 am

[quote="dunlaps pits"]
redsky wrote:
ericschevy wrote:

In my case, it is definately skin color LOL. Boudreaux just dont like them. When we go to town with him in the back of my truck, if a black man/women gets near the truck, he goes nuts. We were eating at Mc Donalds the other day and Boudreaux was in the back seat of our car...well he saw a black lady sitting in her car next to us and he freaked out barking. I can usualy calm him down but when it's with a black person, he just freaks. The guy I got him from says that his mom is the same way but his dad is fine with everyone. I dont know, maybe I'll just buy him a hood and robe or something LOL, J/K.[/quote]

Sorry i didn't find that amusing at all!!! Maybe because i am black and have had to face racism but it wasn't cute to me not one bit. I think you need to socialize him some more before you have an accident you could have prevented jmo.

Last edited by on Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:43 am

[quote="dunlaps pits"]
redsky wrote:
ericschevy wrote:

In my case, it is definately skin color LOL. Boudreaux just dont like them. When we go to town with him in the back of my truck, if a black man/women gets near the truck, he goes nuts. We were eating at Mc Donalds the other day and Boudreaux was in the back seat of our car...well he saw a black lady sitting in her car next to us and he freaked out barking. I can usualy calm him down but when it's with a black person, he just freaks. The guy I got him from says that his mom is the same way but his dad is fine with everyone. I dont know, maybe I'll just buy him a hood and robe or something LOL, J/K.[/qu
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:45 am

redsky wrote:

I dont' have any dogs like that but it is due to the color of their vision. If they have not been around black or mexican (whatever they are racist to) people then they will look different to them and that will be the reaction. My dogs are all socialized to all sorts of things so I have never had to worry with it.

Same here w/ Legend. Once when he was younger though I was at my dad's house I walked him around. From a far distant an old guy wearing a hat was walking Legend growled a little(I guess he couldnt figure it out) but once we got closer he wagged his tail. Never has he again had a problem w/ people wearing hats.
Gemyni has a problem w/ men sometimes. She was beaten before I got her by a man so thats why she's like that. But have accepted family members that are men and neighbors so she's coming around.
Back to top Go down
redsky

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:48 am

Now a dog that's been throw a tramatic experience and dislikes this or that cause of it is understandable but the key to breaking such behaviors is socializing them to keep preventable accidents from happening!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:49 am

redsky wrote:
Dunlap pits wrote:
I dont know, maybe I'll just buy him a hood and robe or something LOL, J/K.

Sorry i didn't find that amusing at all!!! Maybe because i am black and have had to face racism but it wasn't cute to me not one bit. I think you need to socialize him some more before you have an accident you could have prevented jmo.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:53 am

redsky wrote:
Now a dog that's been throw a tramatic experience and dislikes this or that cause of it is understandable but the key to breaking such behaviors is socializing them to keep preventable accidents from happening!

Yup. Thats why out on walks I try to get every man possible to pet her and show her that they won't hurt her. She's fine but sometimes some men trigger her to bark(which she is told no and I try and redirect her attention to something else.). And then other days when she sees that same exact person she walks by wagging her tail. I'm not sure what about that person is triggering the behavior but once her OB class starts I'll be talking to her trainer about it!
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
Dunlap

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:56 am

[quote="redsky"]
dunlaps pits wrote:
redsky wrote:
ericschevy wrote:

In my case, it is definately skin color LOL. Boudreaux just dont like them. When we go to town with him in the back of my truck, if a black man/women gets near the truck, he goes nuts. We were eating at Mc Donalds the other day and Boudreaux was in the back seat of our car...well he saw a black lady sitting in her car next to us and he freaked out barking. I can usualy calm him down but when it's with a black person, he just freaks. The guy I got him from says that his mom is the same way but his dad is fine with everyone. I dont know, maybe I'll just buy him a hood and robe or something LOL, J/K.[/quote]

It wasnt meant to be offensive redsky and I hope you didnt take it that way. It was meant to be a simple joke is all, ya'll will just have to get to know me alittle better is all. I'd rather not socialize them too much though, dont get me wrong...I do socialize them somewhat but I do it out in public not at my house. I want them to know that when in the yard, they need to be on guard. Around here there is a big problem with people stealing pitbulls to fight them for a quick buck or steal them as a source or puppy money.
Back to top Go down
redsky

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 4:56 am

I know alot of folks that do training out in chicago plus brandy at moore's kennel and i call them when ever I have an issue that I can't personally explain and they are usually good a shedding light on the situation for me. These are people that have been doing this for like 10+ years.
Back to top Go down
redsky

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 5:00 am

[quote="dunlaps pits"]
redsky wrote:
[quote="dunlaps pits

It wasnt meant to be offensive redsky and I hope you didnt take it that way. It was meant to be a simple joke is all, ya'll will just have to get to know me alittle better is all. I'd rather not socialize them too much though, dont get me wrong...I do socialize them somewhat but I do it out in public not at my house. I want them to know that when in the yard, they need to be on guard. Around here there is a big problem with people stealing pitbulls to fight them for a quick buck or steal them as a source or puppy money.

I can understand you wanting them to protect the house and yard, we all expect that honestly. My mom has been telling me she wants Midas protection trained because my dogs don't react viciously to most people etc but again I keep them like that for show purposes which she just doesn't understand! I mean it is nice to see people able to turn their dogs on and off but I don't wanna have to work about them being turned on by accident and just not letting up, which i have heard of happening. I do teach them to watch em but I don't teach them the command to attack.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 5:05 am

I only teach them attack command simply so the know the difference between watch em and get em.....
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 5:14 am

I had a dog that didnt like old people or bikers!
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Dunlap
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
Dunlap

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 5:17 am

ericschevy wrote:
I only teach them attack command simply so the know the difference between watch em and get em.....

I agree there. I havent had to let Boudreaux "get em' " yet as far as humans go though, I've came close but not quite yet. They usually have a change of heart from the wath em' part LOL. I guess that Boudreaux's racism is just something I'll have to live with lol.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 5:21 am

dunlaps pits wrote:
ericschevy wrote:

I agree there. I havent had to let Boudreaux "get em' " yet as far as humans go though, I've came close but not quite yet. They usually have a change of heart from the wath em' part LOL. I guess that Boudreaux's racism is just something I'll have to live with lol.

Yeah I haven't either. Now Squirrels on the other hand>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 6:07 am

rico dosent like mexican people that much, which is odd cause half my family is mexican it really pisses him off when he hears spanish. it might also be beacuse rico is puerto rican lol
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 6:32 am

Hemi doesn't like motorcycles
Back to top Go down
Dunlap
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
Dunlap

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 6:35 am

wheezie wayne wrote:
rico dosent like mexican people that much, which is odd cause half my family is mexican it really pisses him off when he hears spanish. it might also be beacuse rico is puerto rican lol

LMAO...
Back to top Go down
redsky

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 6:41 am

wheezie wayne wrote:

Wayne your crazy but that's funny lol
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 11:20 am

wheezie wayne wrote:

I maybe going out on a limb here but maybe It's cause he don't understand them LMFAO.......
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 02, 2007 9:28 pm

lol, no, he knows spanish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Racist Dogs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Racist Dogs?   Racist Dogs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Racist Dogs?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next