The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Look what we built over the weekend......

Go down 
+7
Oldfort
schismatickennels
Pantera2006
Xelleron
LegendsMami
APBT4ME
Bullygirl807
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-17

Look what we built over the weekend...... Empty
PostSubject: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 10:18 pm

Puppy boxes !!!!!

Look what we built over the weekend...... BigBrandy009

Look what we built over the weekend...... BigBrandy008
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:08 pm

Those look GREAT!! They really come in handy when people want to view each puppy by itself. It just makes things a lot easier!
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:16 pm

Thanks Midwest. They are great !!! The whole front lifts up so its easy to clean and we cut side doors to get in to the pups and to clean the hay.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Its also ggod for when its cold out. The pups have better wind and weather protection.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2007 11:43 pm

Those are nice!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 12:00 am

Very nice good job.
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 12:00 am

Do they stay in there 24/7?
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 12:02 am

Emm why would they leave their pups kenneled 24/7? I didnt get that impression from the post at all! I think was just a better containment for outside since everyone can't bring their pups/dogs in doors.
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 12:44 am

They are NOT in there 24/7. When we are not home and when they need their playtime, they are outside. It was basically built to separate the pups and to contain females during their heat cycle as my yard is not fenced in.
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 12:45 am

Also, If you notice to the left of the boxes are 2 other puppy pens that are just about finished that are on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Xelleron
Top Pit
Top Pit
Xelleron

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 12:59 am

That's a really cool idea!

I didn't mean to be rude by asking if they were kept out there, I was just curious.....
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 1:30 am

Xelleron wrote:
That's a really cool idea!

I didn't mean to be rude by asking if they were kept out there, I was just curious.....

No problem. You'll never know unless you ask. I've been dealing with the breed for almost 15 yrs and I still ask questions....lol
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 1:35 am

That looks great!!! Can you build me one of those for my Rats??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:09 am

Bullygirl807 wrote:
Puppy boxes !!!!!

Look what we built over the weekend...... BigBrandy009

Look what we built over the weekend...... BigBrandy008

That's really nice looking. I learned a long time ago that NO question is a stupid question, and you never learn unless you ask. I don't think I can ever learn enough from other breeders and owners.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 5:59 am

I like those. Do they have the wire floors where when they pee it goes right to the ground or do you have to spray them out? It looks well built! +1 on the job done

Good question xlleron dont worry about it.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Bluffside
Adult Pitbull
Adult Pitbull
Bluffside

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 7:35 am

Those are sharp looking very nice !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bluffsidepits
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 9:26 am

Dang those are nice...Someone was using their noggin,,,, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:30 pm

Oldfort wrote:
I like those. Do they have the wire floors where when they pee it goes right to the ground or do you have to spray them out? It looks well built! +1 on the job done

Good question xlleron dont worry about it.

Right now until I can find some stainless steel grates, we have drilled numerous holes in the bottom for the urine to go through and yes you can hose them out. Chicken wire is too thin and with some fencing, the holes are to big that their paws fall through. I was told by some fellow breeders that the best thing to get is to find some stainless steel grates and use them. My pups love these boxes and it allows them more room to move around instead of being in a crate, as well as they get to enjoy the fresh air. Believe it of not, it really wasn't that expensive to build either. Total was right at about $200 but it was money well spent and we're even thinking about building another set as we have mostly females on our yard.
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:32 pm

Pantera2006 wrote:
That looks great!!! Can you build me one of those for my Rats??? Laughing

I'd be happy to Pantera, but it would probably cost me more to get ot you than it would to build the boxes.....lol. Not only that, I'm sure your rats would be able to chew through the wood in no time.....lol
Back to top Go down
Bluffside
Adult Pitbull
Adult Pitbull
Bluffside

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:10 am

i had one similar to that a long time ago when i had a rat and she loved it she did chew on the wood but not to bad as long as you keep stuff in the cage for her to chew on but i am going to have to build me a couple of those i really like the way you made those A+++
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/bluffsidepits
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:02 am

[quotei am going to have to build me a couple of those i really like the way you made those A+++[/quote]

Thanks Shannon. We were quite impressed with it ourselves. One of our other kennel partners helped out to. He actually drew the plan and they did come out rather nice if we do say so ourselves. Thanks again though.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 am

How much for plans on those boxes? lol Man all I can see is that would be the best way to keep pups that reach 6 weeks old outside without having them on the ground. I really like em alot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:29 am

Would the rabbit ones that look like that be just as effective?

I'm not all that great with building stuff No
Do you think the rabbit pens would just as good?
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:35 am

MidwestBully wrote:
Would the rabbit ones that look like that be just as effective?

I'm not all that great with building stuff No
Do you think the rabbit pens would just as good?

I would think they would as long as they had that separate area for the dogs to lay.
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:42 am

schismatickennels wrote:
How much for plans on those boxes? lol Man all I can see is that would be the best way to keep pups that reach 6 weeks old outside without having them on the ground. I really like em alot.

I'm sure I could get you a copy of the plans for nothing. Like I said earlier, it cost us right at about $200 for the material and would probably be cheaper as we bought some extra supplies to add on to a pen we already had. So figure on about $150. Let me give a quick list of what you'd need or should I say what we used for our pens:

8 hindges
8 slide locks
2 eye hooks to hold the gates open while you clean
8-10 sheets of plywood
10 - 2x4x8
and some hay

This weekend I will going out to get a tarp to line the top of the pens to protect them from warping from rain. Sometimes I wish I had a puppy box to escape from the "HUBBY"....lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Look what we built over the weekend......   Look what we built over the weekend...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Look what we built over the weekend......
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next