The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Read This..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
s.u.i.c.i.d.e
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
s.u.i.c.i.d.e

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-12-31

Read This.. Empty
PostSubject: Read This..   Read This.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 9:45 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/220389p-189407c.html
Back to top Go down
Http://www.myspace.com/nintendosuicide
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Read This.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read This..   Read This.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:16 am

Well, All I can say is, I'm sure that story was artificially inflated...
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Read This.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read This..   Read This.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 11:45 am

ok a lil warning about content before telling people to read?
sorry i absolutely hate even HEARING about stuff like that, but to see an actual picture of a child and reading such headlines really is upsetting....
i mean.. i'm not worried about my dogs harming my kids, but i am soooooo much of a wimp right now.. and the majority of dog bite cases DO involve kids being left alone with dogs.... its just really upsetting. sorry.....
next time i'll just be curious and avoid reading.
i just dont like reading stuff where kids get hurt.. sorry.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Read This.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read This..   Read This.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 8:05 pm

I didn't read the article but judging by what you guys just said. DON"T LEAVE YOUR KIDS ALONE WITH YOUR DOGS. Duh common sense people.

I go to the bathroom for any length of time, my dog goes in the kennel. I go outside to feed, by myself, dog goes in the kennel. Don't take the risk, you might not think they'd ever bite, but lil Johnny steps on the tail, or accidently throws a toy, pulls an ear, and you've got automatic reasoning for a dog bite. Be sensible is all I gotta say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
s.u.i.c.i.d.e
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
s.u.i.c.i.d.e

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-12-31

Read This.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read This..   Read This.. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:57 am

Eek, yeah sorry was kinda in a hurry just thought I'd share that. I agree with chevy. And I to would never leave my dogs alone with a BABY.

I apoligize Guys!
Back to top Go down
Http://www.myspace.com/nintendosuicide
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Read This.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read This..   Read This.. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 10:33 am

i would like to believe, and have seen proof, that Kaydee would kill herself protecting my family before she would harm anyone. she is very very loyal and caring, very much a nanny dog- even still, while she is unable to function properly, she still wants to mother my son.... But that doesnt mean i will ever let my guard down. Stuff happens, like you said. my grand parents werent very clever when i was a toddler. they thought it was a good idea to let the bulldog be a baby sitter. and she was.. she would lie down in front of me if i tried to crawl off the blanket, she would herd me back to the house if i wandered off.... but i was sooooooo lucky. i can remember pulling her ears, tail, poking her in the eye, she didnt care. in fact she is the reason why i am in love with American Bulldogs. that one was another nanny dog, like Kaydee, but just the same... i BETTER not catch my kids grandparents letting the dog "babysit", dont care what breed - Collies, St. Bernards.... i dont care what the movies show you... dogs are not free daycare!

its a risk i am not willing to take.. i would rather just be paranoid about it than be proven right..... so like schismatickennels said... when i am not right there in the room, i either take my son with me, or put Kaydee some place safe. i have been known to put my son in his crib, shut the door, and still put Kaydee on the porch if i have to be occupied for any length of time. maybe thats over kill... but again - better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Read This.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read This..   Read This.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 2:25 am

DumDog wrote:
i would like to believe, and have seen proof, that Kaydee would kill herself protecting my family before she would harm anyone. she is very very loyal and caring, very much a nanny dog- even still, while she is unable to function properly, she still wants to mother my son.... But that doesnt mean i will ever let my guard down. Stuff happens, like you said. my grand parents werent very clever when i was a toddler. they thought it was a good idea to let the bulldog be a baby sitter. and she was.. she would lie down in front of me if i tried to crawl off the blanket, she would herd me back to the house if i wandered off.... but i was sooooooo lucky. i can remember pulling her ears, tail, poking her in the eye, she didnt care. in fact she is the reason why i am in love with American Bulldogs. that one was another nanny dog, like Kaydee, but just the same... i BETTER not catch my kids grandparents letting the dog "babysit", dont care what breed - Collies, St. Bernards.... i dont care what the movies show you... dogs are not free daycare!

its a risk i am not willing to take.. i would rather just be paranoid about it than be proven right..... so like schismatickennels said... when i am not right there in the room, i either take my son with me, or put Kaydee some place safe. i have been known to put my son in his crib, shut the door, and still put Kaydee on the porch if i have to be occupied for any length of time. maybe thats over kill... but again - better safe than sorry.

Ya i agree.... I mean Harley i trust with my life, But still.... There is always a chance..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Read This.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Read This..   Read This.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Read This..
Page 1 of 1