The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anyone heard of heap

Go down 
+2
Bullygirl807
show me real pits kennels
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-04-12

anyone  heard of heap Empty
PostSubject: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2007 12:22 am

I heard this word called as " heap" Spelling could be wrong.
I heard at the 89er show this helps in tighting up the skin and leaning out muscle. I was told that is was table scrapes with corn flakes and potatoes and what ever else was leftover from dinner. Anyone know exactly what it is and the purpose.
Back to top Go down
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

PostSubject: I found a little information on the net about "heap&quo   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 4:05 am

I bought whole white potatos, green beans, mixed vegetables, chicken breasts, and some fat back. I cooked it all together and it was pretty tastey. LOL. After it cooled off I put it all in blender with a little water and milk. Blended it all up and then this morning I put a cup of nutro kibbles with half a couple of my special brew. Then top of all it with regular old corn flakes for the fiber to help him not to have the runs. What I readed on the internet was exactly what I was told filler food to lose a little weight and tighten up some loose skin from weight lost.

Has anyone used any of the speical nutrition additives that is offered from some kennels. Basically GNC type stuff for dogs.
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 pm

I use Nitrix. It is a vitamin supplement to help tighten up the dogs before shows and I also use a diet of raw brown beef, beef trip, and egg and it works just fine for me. They will also get a knuckle bone too.
Back to top Go down
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

PostSubject: heap training report   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:15 pm

I start him on the program this week about 5 days now. He has drop about 2 1/2 pounds and he has no problem eating the food or diarreha. It is going great so far. On his rest days I am feeding just heap with no kibbles at all.
Back to top Go down
shadyridgekennel
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2007 5:54 pm

no need to add all that to a dog. alittle bit of hard work for the dog and humane will do the trick. rememmber there is no lazy way to condition a dog!!!if you gonna do it, do it right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadyridge/
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 4:19 am

I am a little offend by the reply. A little hard work. I walk twice a day with a pull harness with a 20 pound weight now that he has built up to from only 1 pound. We walk a little over a quarter mile twice a day with weight. Probably 3 times a week a mile run while I ride a bike. I work him everyday except 2 days which those are muscle rebuilding days there. On those days we work on obedience training and relax together where we talk just me and him for at least one hour. I am not a professional dog man yet but I work my dog like there is no tomorrow. So people will think this is a lie here but I do this like a religion. I mean no harm in my response but this is my life.
Back to top Go down
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 11:22 pm

The heap did work and he lost 8 1/2 pounds I weighed him today. He is looking great too. I think he will be a winner at the show-me show this weekend. One more thing for the hater, you could learn a thing or too about nutrition because some of your dogs are not conditioned but rather starved. Look at the female with her ribbons picture on yoursite.(that is not game weight either) I don't mean to start anything but when you call me out has a man and my dog I get a little uneasy especially since you have never seen my dog or meet me. I will defintely have pics of my dog on the forum before the month is over. I hope this doesn't reflect a negative outlook on myself and people surrounding but this forum has great to me. No BS here, straight foward and nothing else.
Very Happy all in good fun and debate
Back to top Go down
shadyridgekennel
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-13

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 8:23 am

not hateing just stating that you need more then just nutrition and hand walking a few miles and a few days to get a dog into shape. oh and if my dogs looks starved as you say . then crap me. them judges must not know how to judge!!!and must of mistaken given me best condtion many times in classes Rolling Eyes i dont just have ADBA show dogs. and have been into the dogs mannnyyy years and conditioned manyyy dogs as other generations in my family. so before you go saying someones dogs look starved. go look at some pit dogs. you might see some of mine there Wink and and post some of your dogs to!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/shadyridge/
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 10:10 am

havnt said anything until now but ive seen shady ridge on other forums,. would you post me up some more pp pics please
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 7:54 am

How did you make your letters move????[scroll]
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 8:00 am

Pantera2006 wrote:
How did you make your letters move????[scroll]

lol yeah how did you do that
Back to top Go down
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

PostSubject: scroll   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 1:02 am

It is in the forum reply, it is on the second row third from the right under insert an image.
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 7:55 am

show me real pits kennels wrote:
The heap did work and he lost 8 1/2 pounds I weighed him today. He is looking great too. I think he will be a winner at the show-me show this weekend. One more thing for the hater, you could learn a thing or too about nutrition because some of your dogs are not conditioned but rather starved. Look at the female with her ribbons picture on yoursite.(that is not game weight either) I don't mean to start anything but when you call me out has a man and my dog I get a little uneasy especially since you have never seen my dog or meet me. I will defintely have pics of my dog on the forum before the month is over. I hope this doesn't reflect a negative outlook on myself and people surrounding but this forum has great to me. No BS here, straight foward and nothing else.
Very Happy all in good fun and debate
ok this is my first post but here goes. what is your goal your trying to accomplish? to show your dogs and win? if so, get a quality kibble and quit jacking around with your home made recipes. i sure wish i would've gotten on here sooner. i was at the show me show in sedalia. all my dogs took home blue ribbons in one of the 2 days. i also got 3rds and one 2nd. my pupppy bronson won best puppy of show. i would have loved to seen your dog so i could really evaluate this. shadyridgekennels is a very knowledgeable dogperson who knows their stuff. calling their dogs what you did was bullsh*t. if you knew anything about these dogs you'd know them dogs are the bomb. obviously you've got alot to learn. which is by no means a problem or anything to be ashamed of, but to talk out your ass when you don't know what you're saying is a little out of line. so, educate yourself before you babble again, and if what you're doing is working for you, then do it. don't worry bout what everybody else says. you asked for advice, it was given. you shouldn't be pissy about the feedback when you ask for it. grow up a little. as far as your workouts you explained......lol my dogs do that before lunch to get warmed up.....lmao......and that's no joke either. try running them about 5 miles daily. 3 days on 1 day off. 20 minute rubdowns after every workout. sled dragging 30 yard sprints twice a week. flirt pole every day. then come talk to me about workouts.

well there ya go. i just called it like i see it. ya know.....good debate and knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:05 pm

SINCERE APOLOGY TO SHADYRIDGE. I GET A LITTLE DEFENSIVE ABOUT MY DOG. HE IS BIG, BLUE, BRINDLE. I GET CRAP AT SHOWS FROM OTHER PITBULL OWNERS/BREEDERS AND THEN THE CONSTANT REDICULE FROM THE EVERYDAY PUBLIC. SORRY. I AM NEW TO THE SERIOUS SIDE OF A DOGMAN. I HAVE OWNED AND BEEN RAISED WITH PITS FOR A GOOD MAJORITY OF MY LIFE BUT NOT AT THIS LEVEL OF COMPETION. I WILL ACCEPT CRITISM WITH OPEN EYES NEXT TIME. I WILL BE TRUTHFUL ABOUT THE SHAPE OF A ATHLETE AND STARVED DOG. I DO UNDERSTAND THERE IS A FINE LINE THERE BUT HOW DO YOU TRULY KNOW. DOGS IN MISSOURI WERE LOOKING BETTER FED AND THEN IN OKLAHOMA THEY LOOKED SKIN AND BONES. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE THAT LINE. I AM VERY OPEN TO IDEAS. PLEASE SET ME STRAIGHT HERE. IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. BOOGIEMAN, DO YOU HAVE A WHITE/CHOCOLATE SPOTTED MALE, TWO PUPS THAT MADE BEST OF SHOW IN SEDELIA?
Back to top Go down
Boogieman
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-30

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 3:21 am

show me real pits kennels wrote:
SINCERE APOLOGY TO SHADYRIDGE. I GET A LITTLE DEFENSIVE ABOUT MY DOG. HE IS BIG, BLUE, BRINDLE. I GET CRAP AT SHOWS FROM OTHER PITBULL OWNERS/BREEDERS AND THEN THE CONSTANT REDICULE FROM THE EVERYDAY PUBLIC. SORRY. I AM NEW TO THE SERIOUS SIDE OF A DOGMAN. I HAVE OWNED AND BEEN RAISED WITH PITS FOR A GOOD MAJORITY OF MY LIFE BUT NOT AT THIS LEVEL OF COMPETION. I WILL ACCEPT CRITISM WITH OPEN EYES NEXT TIME. I WILL BE TRUTHFUL ABOUT THE SHAPE OF A ATHLETE AND STARVED DOG. I DO UNDERSTAND THERE IS A FINE LINE THERE BUT HOW DO YOU TRULY KNOW. DOGS IN MISSOURI WERE LOOKING BETTER FED AND THEN IN OKLAHOMA THEY LOOKED SKIN AND BONES. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE THAT LINE. I AM VERY OPEN TO IDEAS. PLEASE SET ME STRAIGHT HERE. IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. BOOGIEMAN, DO YOU HAVE A WHITE/CHOCOLATE SPOTTED MALE, TWO PUPS THAT MADE BEST OF SHOW IN SEDELIA?

yes sir that was me. my brown and white 2 yr male was considered for B.O.S. and yes i had the 2 puppies also. bronson the pup was out there for B.O.S also since he won best puppy of show.

my advice is to keep attending shows. you will see the difference in the idiots who try to starve their dogs into shape and the people who actually have them conditioned. the conditioned ones will have lost of muscle stacked on them and you will be able to see rib and some back bone. the starved ones are just thin and many times you can see hip bone some. it pisses me off to see it, but hey they aren't my dogs. it's some lazy fooker who can't get off their ass and go outside and work their dogs. they want the glory but no work to go with it. i don't know which show in oklahoma you were talking about ( norman or kellyville) but i saw a couple, three there also that were......well not in good shape i'd say. there was one paticular white dog that could say for sure was way underfed cuz the bitch was too lazy to work it. then there's some that just let em out on chains 4 inches out of reach of each other and that's the workout for them all day. sad part is those usually look pretty good.

i'd be glad to help ya anyway i can with questions just let me know in detail a little better what the question is.

also i understand about getting defensive about the dogs. lol i'd slap somebody for bad mouthing mine too! lmao

i haven't been back in a bit but i'll check back a little more often.

cya later

Boogieman
Back to top Go down
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 7:12 am

yeah, I lose with grace. Your dog placed over mine in the sunday show in the 18-24 m class. I came to congratulate after your win. Short guy, curly black hair. If you have sometime maybe we can meet up or something down in your neck of the woods. I have a new dog in the yard and she is stellar. I want to make sure she is the best of the best. my email is raprobegt@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anyone heard of heap   anyone  heard of heap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

anyone heard of heap
Page 1 of 1