The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
over_thaedge
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-12-11

inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross Empty
PostSubject: inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross   inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:15 pm

how do others feel on the matters of in breeding and line breeding? Do you believe this is the cause of some of the tempermental issues we see in todays breed? How far is too far and when should an out cross be used in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross   inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 10:05 pm

I don't know much about line breeding I know thatt Oldfort does this type of breeding and he has posted what all it involves but I guess I'm stupid I don't get it. I don't like in-breeding at all I think that you will end up with lots of problems.
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross   inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:59 am

I have no idea how that stuff works but a few on here do..
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
buzhunter
Admin
buzhunter

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-10-14

PostSubject: Re: inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross   inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:43 am

If it is done by a knowlegable breeder it can be very helpful in strengthening desireable traits or in developing a "bloodline" with distinguishing characteristics. I think that it can be a cause of tempermant issues as well as other defects but those would be culls and should not be allowed to take the breed in a wrong direction. The main reason, IMO, for temperment issues in this breed would be BYB without the knowledge or concern for breeding the best representatives. Indiscriminate breeding has done this breed a huge amount of damage.
Back to top Go down
Mikado&Chalice
Top Pit
Top Pit
Mikado&Chalice

Number of posts : 618
Registration date : 2006-11-30

PostSubject: Re: inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross   inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Boy you said it all. BYB's that only care about the bottom dollar. They are the down fall to alot of breeds but the pitbull is the most damaged in my opinion. I see people up here breeding two dogs that have no vet care the pups are not vaccinated and the parents are fed ol'roy or someother cheap crap. but when they sell the pups they want 300$ for them. Most of these dogs are tied up in the back yard to with no socialization. It is really sad that people feel they need to make money off another living thing but that they don't have to provide even the basics to that living creature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross   inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

inbreeding line breeding and the need to outcross
Page 1 of 1