The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stud at 1yr.

Go down 
+3
schismatickennels
LegendsMami
APBT4ME
7 posters
AuthorMessage
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 8:48 am

Is it ok for a male to be bred at 1yr?

I'm asking because a lady that has Hemi brother has him up for stud. OFK, you know who i'm talking about?
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 9:35 am

I think I know who your talking about. He looks like similiar to Hemi except he has his ears done. I didnt know it was okay to stud out at 1. Although I've seen a couple of people do it.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 9:48 am

MidwestBully wrote:
Is it ok for a male to be bred at 1yr?

I'm asking because a lady that has Hemi brother has him up for stud. OFK, you know who i'm talking about?

I assume its ok, although I don't usually breed mine until after 2. I think I will end up breeding Taz or Chance a little earlier though, just cuz my bitches are older. I'm not an expert about it though..
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: hey   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 9:58 am

I want to see hemis brother... Sad Sad I dont know who you are talking about
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 10:07 am

I can't explain enough how much these two look alike. I can never get Hemi to stand right to get a face-on shot like this, but if I could you would be able to see that these two are identical.
Here is Hemi's brother Lil Tank...

Stud at 1yr. Tank2
Stud at 1yr. Tank1

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT downing her for having him up for stud, i just thought you had to wait until 2yrs. That how my family has always done it. scratch

Last edited by on Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
trejos kennels
Top Pit
Top Pit
trejos kennels

Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2006-11-17

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: wow   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 10:12 am

they do really look alike except for the ears... I dont know I dont think any less of anyone I mean to each his own if he dog is healty and her vet says its ok than more power to her..But I think i will wait a little bit longer.... What kennel is hemis brother from?
Back to top Go down
http://trejoskennels.bravehost.com
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 10:35 am

Its not going to hurt the dog but why are they breeding? What has he done?
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
redsky

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 7:25 pm

Won't hurt a thing but he is so young you don't know if health issues will arise. If I know the line I will breed a male that young but if I am new to his line then I will wait to make sure he reaches adulthood with no complications. Better safe then sorry! I'm with old though why is the breeding being done. I mean not always did I show but I've always had a purpose for a breeding!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 9:45 pm

She hasn't planned a breeding yet, that i know of, but he is up for stud. I just didn't think it was safe to breed before 2yrs.
Back to top Go down
redsky

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2006 2:58 am

It's not that it is unsafe you just don't know how the health and growth of him will turn out until 2 when they are usually done growing. Breeding him before two won't hurt him or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Number of posts : 1687

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 2:32 am

Hmmmmm I didnt know that it mattered in males, Just the female for the obvious reasons... Lil Tank is awesome!!!! He does look like Hemi!!!! Just the ears are diff... affraid
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 3:21 am

Well its hard to tell the faults at this age, and what you would need to strengthen, what the dogs weakness, temperment, and structure will completely be. They are still growing, and technically still a pup. I don't guess it matters, what age you breed them, but at one I would wonder what the intentions were for reproducing this particular dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 4:10 am

True true!!! I see what ya mean.... Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
redsky

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2006 4:42 pm

If I had a one year old male that seemed strong in areas already at this age and titled I would use him. Although they don't mature till 2 some do finish up early and you can see what the weaknesses are even as a pup most times so by one if you are okay with the current weaknesses then I don't knock for breeding a MALE at that age. I don't like to see females bred till the third heat but hey that's just me and I have bred them younger so if someone has a good reason for doing the breeding and knows the lines I don't know it anyways. We have to remember we are not all breeding for the same thing.

If I"m breeding wp dogs and have had/produced several generations of pullers off this line I will use a male that is anywhere from 8 months and up to breed to a bitch if I have no other options and need the bitch bred now for what ever reason. Now breeding for conformation is a whole other cup of tea! I wouldn't breed them till they were two so that I know for certain nothing is going to jump out later that i didn't want to. Same goes with agility as for conformation because if they don't have that perfect movement and structure they won't do well in agility anyways. I do plan to look in that area in the future as well. I would love to see a pit doing awesome in it and they are capable!!
Back to top Go down
maryellen
Jr. Pup
Jr. Pup
maryellen

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-11-15

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2006 3:08 am

since they dont mature until they are 2, you are better off waiting, this way no temperment issues that are not seen at 1 can come up, some dogs temperment doesnt mature until 2, so if the dog is HA then breeding the dog at 1 is taking a huge gamble.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imageevent.com/princess21
Pantera2006
Charter Member
Charter Member
Pantera2006

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2006 1:15 am

^^^ True true.... But at a year cant you tell if he will be HA?? I know with Harley he hasnt changed a bit!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stud at 1yr. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stud at 1yr.   Stud at 1yr. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stud at 1yr.
Page 1 of 1