The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This makes me upset!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

This makes me upset! Empty
PostSubject: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 7:08 am

I'm so upset...

My parents have been dogsitting Karma's mom since Nov. Her owners were suppose to get her back Feb.1. The agreement was that my parents keep her but her owners buy her dog food, any anything else she might need. Well they have only bought food for this dog once and a crate. She had to be re-potty trained,etc. Well its now March and my parents want the owners to come and get her b/c that was the agreement. My stepmom calls and after telling them she knows someone who would take care of the dog they still said they're going to take her to the pound. pale My stepmom and sister were both crying! The dog is very sweet but can be a pain. I think I might go over and see if they'll let me take her....The only things that are holding me back is 1. I'm not over Gemyni yet 2. She barks alot and the last time we were there she decided to get into a little spit spat(just alot of noise and bluffing) w/ Legend. Even though they know each other and are fine OUTSIDE its just INSIDE together. I'm sure I could get her to behave and know that Legend's top dog over her. But still...and 3. I think she's going to go into heat soon!
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Why Why?! Do people have to act like this. My stepmom has found omeone who wants to take her and care for her but they don't want that....Sorry just had to vent..
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 7:40 am

Now why would they prefer to take the dog to the pound over getting it to a good home? Thats just plain stupid. Evil or Very Mad

I feel sorry for thr poor dog.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 7:52 am

3P Kennels wrote:
Now why would they prefer to take the dog to the pound over getting it to a good home? Thats just plain stupid. Evil or Very Mad

I feel sorry for thr poor dog.

I really don't understand the way they are thinking. My stepmom is soooo upset. My stepmom doesnt want to keep the dog but at the same time doesnt want anything bad to happen to her....I'm thinking maybe her owners know that and are just saying b/c they know one of our family members will keep the dog for them.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 8:45 am

Your step-mom should tell the owners that she got out and ran away. That way she could go to the family thats wanting her. I would hate to see any dog go to the pound No
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 9:14 am

3P Kennels wrote:
Your step-mom should tell the owners that she got out and ran away. That way she could go to the family thats wanting her. I would hate to see any dog go to the pound No

That would be perfect but they live on kinda of like a dead end street. And the woods behind my parents fenced in backyard is fenced off all the way around. So they know Donna aka DeeDee(dog) would run the opposite direction which would be past the mother, uncles, and cousins house....I know why didnt they take her..None of them want to be bothered and refuse to take the dog in...Poor dog I feel so bad for her!
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 11:13 am

They should just take the dog to the family anyways. Seeing as how they only bought one bag of dog food and didnt pick the dog up when they should have they forefeit ownership of the dog. IMO
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am

Oldfort wrote:
They should just take the dog to the family anyways. Seeing as how they only bought one bag of dog food and didnt pick the dog up when they should have they forefeit ownership of the dog. IMO

Yeah. But the owners family doesnt care about her and won't take of her and apperently neither does her owner. My parents have been buying the dogs food, and tie out's so she doesnt jump over the fence,etc...I just pray it works itself out in favor of DeeDee.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 7:12 pm

A. Dogs bark, it happens, I got one that howls all night long. I like the barking though, lets me know there's either something wrong, or the dog isnt happy about something. Sorta like raising children, when they are first born, they can't do anything but cry, though, dogs never have any voice except barking.

B. I'm assuming this is a "pit bull" correct? Unfortunately, if people can't deal with the fact that pits have aggressive tendancies, and constant supervision, own one or none.

I agree with Andy, if your parents don't want to take care of the dog anymore, bring her back to the owner and wash their hands of it. Unfortunately, its there dog, their choice, and I personally see obvious reasons to put the dog down. Let me explain.

The dog isn't getting the proper care it needs, and may end up a shelter dog, which in return might make it wind up either dead or in the hands of some idiot who never knew what a pit bull was capable of.

I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but the harsh reality is, if people aren't going to care for an animal, do their research properly on the history and temperment of a certain animal, they don't need this particular animal. It makes me more upset that this dog is beboppin through life not knowing it has a safe secure home where its not going to be tossed aside by anyone and everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:22 am

schismatickennels wrote:
A. Dogs bark, it happens, I got one that howls all night long. I like the barking though, lets me know there's either something wrong, or the dog isnt happy about something. Sorta like raising children, when they are first born, they can't do anything but cry, though, dogs never have any voice except barking.

Her barking is not really a problem. Once this dog is told to be quiet she does. The problem was she was not house trained like my parents were told for example-A 1yr and half year old dog should not be jumping up on the dinner table in the middle of everyone eating. Which was completely unexpected and had to stay in her crate during dinnertime after that.

B. I'm assuming this is a "pit bull" correct? Unfortunately, if people can't deal with the fact that pits have aggressive tendancies, and constant supervision, own one or none.

This dog is not aggressive. My dad has owned APBT's for over 20 years. And can handle her being that he has a male that will tear into another dog.

I agree with Andy, if your parents don't want to take care of the dog anymore, bring her back to the owner and wash their hands of it. Unfortunately, its there dog, their choice, and I personally see obvious reasons to put the dog down. Let me explain.

I know its her owners choice but it's just strange how people swear up and down they love their dog but when the going gets tough they just kick the dog to the curb. Instead of finding a home(as much as it hurts to give the dog up) that can properly care for the dog.

The dog isn't getting the proper care it needs, and may end up a shelter dog, which in return might make it wind up either dead or in the hands of some idiot who never knew what a pit bull was capable of.

My stepmom found someone that would be willing to care for the dog if the owners couldnt and she told the owners. But he doesnt want to give her away to anyone.

I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but the harsh reality is, if people aren't going to care for an animal, do their research properly on the history and temperment of a certain animal, they don't need this particular animal. It makes me more upset that this dog is beboppin through life not knowing it has a safe secure home where its not going to be tossed aside by anyone and everyone.

There's alot more to the story then I feel lik typing. I don't know the dog's owner personally. And like I said it was just my parents dogsitting trying to do their friend a favor after he told my parents she was house trained. Which was a complete lie. But they still kept her for DeeDee's owners. They did not want to OWN the dog just dogsit....My stepmom this morning had to take her back to her owners. So I don't know if her owners are going to rehome her or take her to the pound.

**Did you have the baby yet??...Whats taking you so long women?? lol**
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 2:37 am

she's going to stay in there FOREVER! lol nah I'm due the 20th so I really can't complain, when I have her you guys will definately be let known!
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 2:45 am

schismatickennels wrote:
she's going to stay in there FOREVER! lol nah I'm due the 20th so I really can't complain, when I have her you guys will definately be let known!

LOL...The 20th! That far away?? Laughing You think you'll make it til the 20th? I'm thinking your gonna have her sooner! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 5:57 am

Well I'm prayin that tomorrow when I go in they are just going to end up inducing. I don't think I should make it that long honestly. I'm miserable, Jer's having to miss work because I don't know when I'm in labor or when its false labor, so I'm feeling really bad right now. So you guys keep your fingers crossed for me and hopefully we'll have a new baby by Wed. lol
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 10:47 am

Fingers crossed!!!! lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DumDog
mature pup
mature pup

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 1:07 pm

fingers crossed for you as well. my due date is in ten days.. i live so far out in the sticks that i am soooooo tempted to just rent a hotel room all next week just so i wont be stuck on the side of the interstate having a baby because i didnt leave for the hospital in time...

as for the dog situation.... man i feel for ya. my grandmother pulled a dirty trick similar to that once. people across the street had a lab that they werent taking care of.. when i came to visit the dog would practicly live at their house until i went home.. so one day after he nearly got run over my grandmother asked if she could have him. they said ok.... so next visit she said she got him for me but he would stay at her house because my mom wouldnt allow another dog. we already had a coon hound and a doberman...
anyway, my grandparents were going out of town so they let my aunt take care of two or three of their dogs but they brought "Reggie", the lab, to me.... the idea was we would watch him for the whole week then he would go home... only that didnt happen. i asked my grandmother when she was coming to get him and she said never, he was my dog.. my mom was PI$$ED! we couldnt afford him because he had a health problem where he would eat too fast, his throat would swell up, and he would throw his food back up... i forget the name of that condition, but it required surgery we couldnt afford..... plus i felt crap because she said she got him for me..... so i had this huge guilt trip like it was my fault, even though i didnt ask for him..... we ended up giving him away to someone that could and would take better care of him....

If it was me with the "friend's" dog i probably would have just stopped talking to them about the dog and it would just find a new home without them ever knowing.....
However i also agree with schismatickennels...... the dog has been dealt a bad hand and was unfairly dumped in someone elses lap. if she ended up in the pound theres no telling where she would go from there, especially if she's a barker and isnt fixed. sure she may have been fixed and rehomed, but thats only curing part of the problem. not everyone that gets a pit bull needs or deserves OR knows how to care for one.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 12:00 am

Yea I live an hr from the hospital lol I'm not renting a hotel room though, my water has never *knock on wood* broken at home, so hopefully it won't this time either. lol
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 12:15 am

Wed would be good, just in time for the showLOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This makes me upset!   This makes me upset! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This makes me upset!
Page 1 of 1