The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intresting Picture????

Go down 
+4
APBT4ME
schismatickennels
Pantera2006
ericschevy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 6:11 am

redsky wrote:
LegendsMami wrote:
I love my 2 fat monsters!!!! Razz Very Happy

I'm sure you would if they truely were lol. Even though Triton was a fat butt I still loved him just the same and I eventually got him down to a healthy size where he could work also and he enjoyed the flirt pole!

LOL.....Triton-You cant use that picture. It always make them look bigger when they sit down like that!...I'm sure alot of the bigger dogs could get down to a nice healthy weight and have nice doggie muscles like-Handsome Hemi!!! Very Happy . But some people like there dog to look like that I guess.
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 799
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 6:19 am

see I think there is a misconception, I haven't seen anything on this board that even remotely looked like that dog. Your dogs aren't fat Legend, neither is hemi. Their bone structure isn't even remotely like the dog in the picture. I have nothing wrong with BULLY dogs, but that's not a bully dog to me, that's just something else.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schismatickennels.com
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 6:24 am

LegendsMami wrote:
redsky wrote:
LegendsMami wrote:
I love my 2 fat monsters!!!! Razz Very Happy

I'm sure you would if they truely were lol. Even though Triton was a fat butt I still loved him just the same and I eventually got him down to a healthy size where he could work also and he enjoyed the flirt pole!

LOL.....Triton-You cant use that picture. It always make them look bigger when they sit down like that!...I'm sure alot of the bigger dogs could get down to a nice healthy weight and have nice doggie muscles like-Handsome Hemi!!! Very Happy . But some people like there dog to look like that I guess.

Fine here is one of him only 8 weeks old standing, now he doesn't even look bad in this pic and this is the pic that made me want him but he was wayyyy bigger then that (fat) when i got him. The guy bragged about beefing him up till I flipped off on him then he was like oh well he was greedy and ate all the food from his brother even said the brother was no where near as big. People beef these dogs up on purpose and I don't understand why????
Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 De10uj1kto1-1
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 6:32 am

I wonder if anyone knows the true pit standard? Sierra isn't even the standard so I'm not knocking anyone but I do know the standard and I know what and why i'm producing or focusing on producing. Some people are just out there for the money and those big dogs that are low to the ground sell for alot more then my show dogs do!!! So again it makes me think it's just the I got bigger thing. I don't knock what no body produces because we all put alot into it (or at least I hope others put just as much into it as i do). A judge told me she wouldn't breed a pit to save her life because the breed is completely screwed. She says there is no consistancy and there isn't, she says they are all incorrect! She is looking at the total dog and the old standard. She says either they have bad feet, bad movement, or something wrong with the structure to just mess the dog up as a whole. Made me wonder how she awarded any ribbons at all but I guess she is awarded them to the best in the ring at the time. We all work toward perfection but can we really say that about someone producing big monsters (which they generally advertise them as or freaks). I wouldn't wanna call one of mine a monster or a freak, I prefer something with a nicer ring like a goddess lol but that's just me (kikie is named after a goddess of love, I slightly changed the spelling).
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:06 am

I know the standard.

The way Ive come to accept these dogs is to put them where they belong. They are in NO WAY an AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER but they very well can be an AMERICAN BULLY and Im fine with that. Call them what they are. IF everyone who owned a dog like the one pictured above would call it an American Bully and not a Pit I dont think we would have this problem. No one says anything bad about the Bulldog, but no one is calling it a an APBT either.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:07 am

I hope you guys know I was just kidding about my comment "I love my 2 fat monsters" Very Happy
Triton didnt look that bad! How is he now?(I didnt see a picture of him on your site) Legend was a bit of a fatty when he younger. But he was also running circles around the BIG(70 lbs & up) dogs at the dog daycare I used to work at. He even got kicked out of a couple of groups for tiring out all the dogs! LMAO!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:15 am

Yes we knew you were playing and Triton is not on my site any more because I gave him to a friend. He ended up with major skin issues and a very poor immune system not something i want in my lines. He is living his life out as just a pet and enjoying every minute of it. He is still huge lol but not over weight huge.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:22 am

BTW Andy I totally agree with you!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:22 am

lol well i didn't know you were kidding, but your dogs aren't fat, so you'd have to be.

Andy I'm so glad you said something. I wasn't trying to cause trouble although my opinions seem to get me in the best of it, but to me, if it has no drive, no heart, and no stamina, its not a pit. its something else.
Back to top Go down
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:31 am

redsky wrote:
Yes we knew you were playing and Triton is not on my site any more because I gave him to a friend. He ended up with major skin issues and a very poor immune system not something i want in my lines. He is living his life out as just a pet and enjoying every minute of it. He is still huge lol but not over weight huge.

Okay just making sure! Very Happy
Aww...poor Triton. I'm glad he's doing great though!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:43 am

Speaking of which i need to go pay him a visit! Here is a few shots of him before all the problems started he was six months on this:

Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Tritoninharness001

Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 MayTriton009

Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 MYLOGO

Boys head measured 24 when he was around 7-8 months. I was proud of that lol.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:49 am

what i dont get is these dogs are going for 4 and 6 grand
Back to top Go down
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 8:10 am

Oldfort wrote:
I know the standard.

The way Ive come to accept these dogs is to put them where they belong. They are in NO WAY an AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER but they very well can be an AMERICAN BULLY and Im fine with that. Call them what they are. IF everyone who owned a dog like the one pictured above would call it an American Bully and not a Pit I dont think we would have this problem. No one says anything bad about the Bulldog, but no one is calling it a an APBT either.
This is exactly what I was getting at with this picture!!
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
ericschevy
Top Pit
Top Pit
ericschevy

Number of posts : 748
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 8:13 am

redsky wrote:
Speaking of which i need to go pay him a visit! Here is a few shots of him before all the problems started he was six months on this:

That is one figginn nice dog, can I have him???
Back to top Go down
http://garage-inc.your-board.com/
LegendsMami
Charter Member
Charter Member
LegendsMami

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 8:24 am

redsky wrote:

Oh my! He's gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 8:28 am

I still wish things would have worked out with him. He had faults, easty westy, and low in pasterns but even so he was still very nice. I loved his markings and after working him down to size he was a !!!!! good worker and enjoyed it. I was very disappointed when things started falling apart. First parvo (and he was fully vaccinated), then mange and he kept and ear infection. His immune system was just mush!! I still love and miss him though.
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 3:26 pm

I read on one of the post that this dog has RE in his ped, and i must say that the RE line has truely gone to the SH**ER!
This is what the original RE line looked like...

Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Kaya

Now it looks like that? and this ....

Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Sanpedropix034

Back in the day i would say RE was a pure line, but now, no. To many peole have mixed in other bulldog breeds to get bigger heads, bone and body and have now turned a very functional breed into useless leash trophy.
Yes, the dogs give lot of love and are great companions, but if its an APBT it suppose to be more than that. An APBT is a WORKING BREED.This new line of massive over done dogs calling themselves APBTs are know where near that! They do nothing more but eat, sleep and breed. Whats the point?
How you get a 90+ pound dog with a 25 inch head, rolly polly body, loose skin for days, can't run 30 yards with out hyperventalating(s/p) from dogs that are 55 pounds, tight skin, super athletic body, and superbly agile with out mixing something in is WAY beyond me.

What upsets me the most is that people refuse to believe that they are not pure bred APBTs. They think because they have papers, its pure bred. I hate to disappoint anyone, but you got played pirat
I am willing to bet ANY amount of money that if they DNA'd all the dogs in the ped of the dog in the begining of this thread, it would not trace back to an APBT. Any amount of money. I'm ready!

Don't get me wrong.... I love the bullies. LOVE THEM! I own one. Big teddy bears. But...... They are NOT APBTS!!

You don't get this...

Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Sanpedropix036

from this.....
Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 STPsGRCHLukane

I'm sorry... you just don't.

American Bullies do stem from the APBT/Staffie, yes. But Am Bullies are APBT/Staffie that had OEB thown in many years ago to add substance and bone. Now, 19 years later they have become their own breed. A very nice one at that.
I guess I'm a rare one ...lol I love a bully dog, but at the same time love a functional dog. Thats what i like so much about Hemi. He is bully to the bone, but the boy is still athletic, he's not fat, very function, and drive for days. This boy pulls like a frieght train... and thats how a bully should be Cool
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:16 pm

Lord that looks like Kaya!!! Check out this female then look back at that one but after careful examination it isn't her lol:
http://www.bullenbeisser.net/Females.html

OMG it is her!!! That must be her at a younger age or something lol. Sierra went up against her at the last Schiller park show and she will be there this weekend to. Kaya is a nice bitch, sierra placed over her because Kaya was a lil stiff in the shoulders but still a very nice bitch!

Last edited by on Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:19 pm

American Bullies do stem from the APBT/Staffie, yes. But Am Bullies are APBT/Staffie that had OEB thown in many years ago to add substance and bone. Now, 19 years later they have become their own breed. A very nice one at that.
I guess I'm a rare one ...lol I love a bully dog, but at the same time love a functional dog. Thats what i like so much about Hemi. He is bully to the bone, but the boy is still athletic, he's not fat, very function, and drive for days. This boy pulls like a frieght train... and thats how a bully should be

The thing is nobody is giving a definition for an American bully! I mean if you think Hemi is bully then what are the even fatter dogs that can't work? I am just lost on what folks think each is and believe a structure definition should be made for it so people know the difference!!!
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:22 pm

Midwest, I think that's the most sense I've heard anyone make in a long time. sunny
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 7:37 pm

I don't consider Hemi a "Bully" Dog, he's not overly massive or short and wide, he can pull, he has drive.

To me "American Bully" means, a big dog mainly for fun shows, XXL wide chest, low to the ground. I don't have exact measurements but ya know when you got a 90-125lb dog, your callin an APBT, it just doesn't cut it in my book.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my dogs will be the "complete" standard, BUT I have seen some 38lb "APBT's" that had drive, intelligence, stamina, wind and could out do me on any given day. What we "should" be looking at as a "PETBULL" is one that just doesn't have any drive. This is why we work so hard to "weed" pups out. This is why Christie sells her less than perfect structured dogs to a pet home for alot cheaper than her show quality dogs. (Sorry not pointing you out I couldn't think of another example, just got up..ha!) heck back in the day they would have culled those dogs at the moment they didn't have the drive, they kept only the best. The weren't worried about "PET" quality, they wanted the best of the best. Even though we use them for different things now, real APBT Lovers are looking for the same dogs, drive, heart, wind, stamina, that stuff should all be IMPERATIVE with an APBT.

1st you look for a PUP with no human aggression, if the pup shows human aggression in the least, I'm sorry it needs to be put down.

2nd you look for intelligence, if you want a dog that spins around all day waggin his tail and chasin it, please go get a jack russell, these dogs aren't meant to be stupid period.

3rd you look for a dog that's able to work, and they gotta have all those things I listed above, if your taking a dog on a simple mile run (which should be nothing, I might add) and they can't make it from nearly having a heart attack (that would be me btw) then your not going to have what your looking for. Yea you gotta build that stamina, but I won't lie to you, My dogs with it being winter, do not get drug out into the woods everyday. Jer works I'm pregnant, and there are two of us that maintain these dogs. When I do something with them though, no matter what at is, anything, as simple as grabbin a ball and pitchin it around. Long after my fat butt is tired, I gotta do that is still wanting to go after that ball.

4th When you have all the listed above qualities the show confirmation part comes in. It should all come together.

This makes the ultimate American Pit Bull Terrier, this is what our breed standard should be, and this should be what everyone out there that says they have APBT's should strive for. Period.

Sorry got long winded, but it irratates me that anyone would want to breed a dog with paperwork that says APBT, and knowingly not be breeding what the dog is.
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2006 8:41 pm

Yep Michelle I look for that total package. When i got triton run heck he couldn't walk down the alley without stopping every minute to sit! When I finally got him running everyone was impressed and lord when they saw him jump they were like it's a mircle (that's how big he was again look at the pic of him compared to a pup just a few weeks shy of his age!). I use lines like edge to beef up my girls as they are a bit thin in bone and I use game to keep the drive going and the staff (show) is to ensure i have the proper structure. Now I know not every pup from teh litter will be show quality so yep I sell those to pet homes and that's not to say they won't use them for ob, agility, wp etc that's just to acknowledge that the dog won't do well in the ring or because I just wanted to make sure my dog got a good home with a good family. We all have our reasons for breeding and I dont knock why nobody does what cause it's their choice but when he comes to hung papers that's another story!!!
Back to top Go down
APBT4ME
Charter Member
Charter Member
APBT4ME

Number of posts : 1025

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 12:48 am

redsky wrote:
The thing is nobody is giving a definition for an American bully! I mean if you think Hemi is bully then what are the even fatter dogs that can't work? I am just lost on what folks think each is and believe a structure definition should be made for it so people know the difference!!!

The whole objective to the creation of the Am Bully was to just add bigger bone and head size to the APBT breed. Dave Wilson stated that the only "APBT's" that could be reg as Am Bullie are AKC and UKC dogs. The game style isn't accepted. So to put it simple anything that not game style is bully (to the ABKC) ...lol

Check out the standard .... http://www.theabkc.com/
The American Bully is a breed established in the mid 1990’s with the purpose of creating the ultimate family companion. The breed is a combination of the desired traits of the American Pit Bull Terrier and the American Staffordshire Terrier achieved through years of selective breeding. The American Bully breed possesses the loyalty and stability of the American Pit Bull Terrier while retaining the sociable, amiable, and outgoing temperament of the American Staffordshire Terrier breed. This unique breed is noted for displaying extreme tolerance toward children and an overwhelming eagerness to please its family. Confident, yet not aggressive, this breed is all in all of a pleasant temperament. Physically, the American Bully has a graceful yet impressive, solid, defined, athletic build that is both muscular and toned, and denotes strength as well as agility. It is a breed capable and diverse in all tasks and abilities. The American Bully is a well rounded, reliable, trustworthy, and all around ideal family companion.

American Bully Breed Standard

General Impression
The American Bully should give the impression of great strength for his size. A well put-together dog, muscular, but agile and graceful, keenly alive to his surroundings. He should be stocky, not long-legged or racy in outline. His courage is proverbial.

Head
Medium length, deep through, broad skull, very pronounced cheek muscles, distinct stop, and high set ears. Ears - Cropped or uncropped. Eyes - All colors except albinism. Round to oval, low down in skull and set far apart. Muzzle - Medium length, rounded on upper side or slightly squared to fall away abruptly below eyes. Jaws well defined. Under jaw to be strong and have biting power. Lips close and even, some looseness accepted, but not preferred. Upper teeth to meet tightly outside lower teeth in front or scissor bite accepted. Nose all colors acceptable.

Neck
Heavy, slightly arched, tapering from shoulders to back of skull. No looseness of skin. Medium length.

Shoulders
Strong and muscular with blades wide and sloping.

Back
Fairly short. Slight sloping from withers to rump or straight accepted with gentle short slope at rump to base of tail. Slightly higher rears accepted, but not encouraged.

Body
Well-sprung ribs, deep in rear. All ribs close together. Forelegs set rather wide apart to permit chest development. Chest deep and broad.

Tail
Short in comparison to size, low set, tapering to a fine point; not curled. Not docked.

Legs
The Front legs- should be straight a slight turning outwards of the feet is accepted but not desired, large or round bones, pastern upright. No resemblance of bend in front. Hindquarters- well-muscled, let down at hocks, turning neither in nor out. Feet- of moderate size, well-arched and compact. Gait- should be springy with drive off the rear.

Coat
Short, close, stiff to the touch, and glossy.

Color
All colors and patterns are permissible.

Size
Height and weight should be in proportion. A height of about 18 to 21 inches at shoulders for the male and 17 to 20 inches for the female is to be considered preferable. There is no particular weight for the breed.

Faults
Faults to be penalized are: kinked or knotted tails, pink eyes and any form of albinism, tail too long or curled, undershot or overshot mouths, severe turned fronts, and aggressive behavior towards humans.

Kinda sounds like the UKC and AKC standard doesn't it? .... Laughing

Schismatic- The fat overdone ones are Am Bullies that have been taken to the extreme...lol

I consider Hemi an American Bully or "bully" because he is over the recommended weight range and has more bulldog features than terrier.
He would be fat if I would've let him get that way. Here he is at around 5 months.....

Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Photosinpark002

If i wouldn't have been so he!! bent on have a functonal bully, he'd be fat and rolly polly just like the rest of them....lmao
Back to top Go down
redsky

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 1:01 am

There is no weight range for the UKC so I wonder what over the weight range is?
Back to top Go down
schismatickennels
Charter Member
Charter Member

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2006 1:03 am

k well then, why is it that these particular dog, built for all this aren't registered as American Bullies instead of Claiming the American Pit Bull Terrier name? I mean if you wanna change something about a breed then your not being true to the breed itself. Your being true to something else, which makes no sense to me at all. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intresting Picture????   Intresting Picture???? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intresting Picture????
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next