The Pit Boss
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pit Boss

The American Pit Bull Terrier

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

drag weight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2006-11-11

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: drag weight   drag weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 5:01 am

going to start rico on drag weight Very soon. how much i figured 25 lbs for a mile sounded god to me for a first time. ill just take him to the park and walk the trails.
Back to top Go down
Oldfort
Admin
Oldfort

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2006-11-08

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: drag weight   drag weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:08 am

What are you dragging? What does your dog weigh? That could be ALOT for such a distance.
Back to top Go down
https://thepitboss.editboard.com
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: drag weight   drag weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:17 am

he weighs 86 lbs i would be pulling a 25 lb weight the kind you use for a bench press.
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: drag weight   drag weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:20 am

oh and i was thinking of using this harness since all im gonna be doing is drag weight for a while http://www.stillwaterkennels.com/harnesses.htm
its the working pulling harness
Back to top Go down
YJSONLY
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2006-11-09

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: drag weight   drag weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:43 am

i would not start him at 25 for a mile. i would build him up but not on the first run....
Back to top Go down
wheezie wayne
Top Pit
Top Pit
wheezie wayne

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: drag weight   drag weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:02 am

what do you sugest
Back to top Go down
Bullygirl807
mature pup
mature pup
Bullygirl807

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2006-11-17

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: drag weight   drag weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:02 pm

When we started dragging Bullet, we started him with 6 ft. of 3/8" chain which wedighed about 13 lbs. and then slowly increased it from there.
Back to top Go down
show me real pits kennels
Ankle Biter
Ankle Biter
show me real pits kennels

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2007-04-12

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: drag weight and starting a dog out pulling   drag weight Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2007 2:50 am

My dog weighs about 75 pounds and I started him out at only 2 lbs. and slowly moved him for drag weight. He can pull about 500 so far on a cart but he won't pull any more. I restarted him pulling all over like he is a little puppy. I am slowly building him up for a better cart pull. Drag weight is at 9 1/2 pounds now and only a little over of a quarter of mile in morning and before I go to bed and his muscle definition and his confidence slowly building. Confidence is a pit bull's heart. I didn't just think this up by myself. The best weight dogs in Texas come from this man, he said start slow and build. He starts his pups out with a coke bottle to get them used to the sound and by the time they are adults they pull about 66 lbs every night a quarter of a mile and nothing else. He holds quite a few records. I don't release his name because everyone would probably call him. I don't want lose my old dog man insight. CONFIDENCE IS #1 NOT THE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT. those are the golden rule any puller should live by. Very Happy I swear these are the exact words out of his mouth. He has 30 plus years in pit bulls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

drag weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: drag weight   drag weight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

drag weight
Page 1 of 1